Contact Us                   

US Immigration

US Immigration

United States immigration law consists of complex and constantly changing federal rules, procedure, and legal precedent. This section of our website provides a brief summary of certain areas in U.S. immigration law, including immigrant and non-immigrant visas, investment opportunities to become a permanent resident (Green Card), compliance with federal law, and others services we offer.

We provide legal services to all immigrant and non-immigrant visas including the following.

  • Immigrant Visas (Green Cards)
    Foreign nationals who are permitted to reside in the U.S. indefinitely are referred to as immigrants or lawful permanent residents (“LPRs”). The document evidencing that one is an LPR is often referred to as a green card. LPRs are permitted to live and work in the U.S. and may travel in and out of the country relatively easily. An LPR is not a U.S. citizen but may be eligible to apply for citizenship after maintaining residency for a certain period of time.
    In general, there are four ways to become a U.S. permanent resident:
  • Employment Options
    If you wish to obtain a green card through employment, in most cases you will need an employer to sponsor you. Once you have obtained a sponsoring employer, you will need to go through an application process. Generally, there are three major steps in becoming a lawful permanent resident in the United States: labour certification (labour certification does not apply to all cases), the petition, and adjustment of status or consular processing.

EB-1 (Extraordinary Ability)
EB-2 (National Interest Waiver)
EB-3 (Skilled and Unskilled Jobs currently available)
EB-4 (Special Immigrants)

Foreign nationals can obtain permanent resident status in the United States by applying for a green card under the EB-5 category. Also, the applicant’s spouse and children under the age of 21 (“qualifying family members”) will be eligible for green cards as well.

The applicant must invest in a new commercial enterprise and fulfill job creation as well as capital investment requirements. The minimum qualifying investment in the US is $1 million. However, Targeted High Employment Areas (High Unemployment or Rural Area) require a minimum investment amount of only $500,000.

HSM has gathered a variety of reliable options as regional centers to invest in. These projects are approved by USCIS and are offered by reputable and trustworthy companies. We can offer you a free consultation to first asses your qualifications for an EB-5 Visa and then guide you towards a suitable project. Our first priority is your eventual success so if we see that your chances for an EB-5 visa are not high, we will be honest and candid and try to find you a better option for immigration.

Immigration Visa Programs

EB-1 | EB-2 | EB-3 | E-4 EB-5

Non-Immigration Visa Programs

H~Z Visas Investment Projects

US Immigration

15 in-demand jobs in Canada that are waiting to be filled right now

15 in-demand jobs in Canada that are waiting to be filled right nowYou don’t want to find just any job. You want to explore careers in […]

Dec 29, 2018

20 Reasons You Should Apply to Get a Green Card

20 Reasons… If you are considering in immigrating to the United States, you might want to get a Green Card? You should as there are countless […]

Dec 14, 2018

What’s the minimum wage in each Canadian province and territory?

New Minimum Wage… If you’re planning to work or to become an entrepreneur in Canada the different legal minimum wages in each of Canada’s provinces for […]

Dec 14, 2018

Advantages of Green Card: Everything You Need to Know

There are several advantages of a green card for US immigrants. All immigrants must hold a green card before becoming eligible to apply for US citizenship. […]

Dec 14, 2018
HSM SERVICES #200A - 8525 Baxter Place Burnaby, BC, Canada, V5A 4V7​ | 604-558-8900